   Re: [xml-dev] undeclared attribute types

Elliotte Rusty Harold scripsit:

> This does *not* say that [undeclared] attributes do have type CDATA, and I
> can't find anything else in the spec that says they do.

No, but CDATA means in effect "No restrictions, only the simplest kind
of normalization" and that is what is done with undeclared attributes
as well.

> (The restriction to non-validating processors here is IMO an erratum in
> the spec which I just reported to the editors.)

Validating processors treat undeclared attributes as validity errors.

--
John Cowan <jcowan@reutershealth.com>     http://www.reutershealth.com