   RE: (RE: [xml-dev] Patents)

At 9:44 AM -0400 4/19/02, Timothy A. Shear wrote:
>I agree that it is good to show your son what you do for a living, but in
>this case, it was done at the taxpayer's expense.

No it wasn't. The patent office makes a profit for the government.
Part of the problem with the process is that the patent office
doesn't get as much money back from the Federal kitty as it puts in.
See, for example, http://www.usbusiness-review.com/0108/04.html
The lawyer in question paid about $1000 to show his kid what he does
for a living.

|             http://www.cafeconleche.org/books/bible2/              |