From: Derrick Pisani
To: xml-dev@lists.xml.org
Sent: Friday, April 19, 2002 2:14 PM
Subject: [xml-dev] JDOM or ECS???

Guys,

Iam new to XML and I would like to know what your opinion is about JDOM and
Jakarta ECS. Which is the better way to create XML document that I later on
in the cycle need to parse to extract a Java object? The object will be a
vector list that represent the content of the nodes one after the other. The
following should make it easier to understand my question:

The following file needs to become the object shown below:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="8859_1" standalone="no"?>
<component>
<name>null</name>
<nb>
  <node>HEAD</node>
  <node>BODY</node>
  <nb>
    <node>CENTER</node>
    <nb>
      <node>FORM</node>
      <nb>
        <node>MAP</node>
        <node>IMG</node>
        <node>BR</node>
        <node>TABLE</node>
        <nb>
          <node>TBODY</node>
          <nb>
            <node>TR</node>
            <node>TR</node>
</component>

Java vector:
[HEAD|BODY|nb|CENTER||nb|FORM|nb|MAP|IMG|BR|TABLE|nb|TBODY|nb|TR|TR]

If you have other suggestions rather than JDOM or ECS, they are also
welcome.

Derrick