   Re: [xml-dev] Can you stand yet another SOAP-RPC vs HTTP GET question?

Robin Berjon wrote:

> But I don't think that those, such as you and I, that would rather have an
> XML document rather than a more or less baroque SOAP API will see their
> voices heard.
>
> The fact is that the programming world is driven by mediocrity. Genuine
> mediocrity, ie not actual poorness but simply code of low or moderate
> quality.

I think we can convince Google because providing an HTTP API alongside
their SOAP one will decrease costs, not increase them. The HTTP one will
become more popular over time and their bandwidth and processing costs
will plummet. They can still be 100% buzzword compliant. I'm starting to
organize the peasants with the pitchforks:

http://www.prescod.net/rest/googleapi.html

I have been working like a fiend on an xml.com article. I'll give
preview copies to anyone who agrees to report typos or errors they find.

 Paul Prescod