   Re: [xml-dev] SOAPy bit from TAG

Simon Fell wrote:

>>Tim Bray just posted an interesting notion of URL-encoding SOAP requests
>>on www-tag:
>>http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2002Apr/0211.html
>
> Have yet to see an example of how this works when faced with more
> complex input types.

It doesn't.  But I suspect it's probably not cost-effective to try
to get the web-architectural benefits of GET once the inputs starts
looking hairy.  I'm not proposing a general mechanism, just one that
applies for a small subset of the possible kinds of SOAP interactions.

I have no opinion as to whether this is a small or large subset
of the actual instances of real-world SOAP interactions.  It doesn't
matter - what I'm proposing is simple and lightweight enough that
it's worth doing even if it only covers a small part of the space.
-Tim