   RE: [xml-dev] What does SOAP really add?

> The "SOAP brings interop for free" argument is simply a straw man.
> Especially when it necessarily prevents interop with a whole
> class of tools (XSLT processors for one).

BTW, this is absolutely and completely wrong.  SOAP messages are XML,
and therefore are able to be transformed with XSLT just like any other
XML.  Many people have done this (and yes, I have too).  In fact, it is
only logical that SOAP messages can be more reliably transformed to get
*some* information than a more generic XML format.  The idea that XSLT
against SOAP can't be done flies in the face of common sense.  And the
idea that writing XSLT against Joe's-random-XML is more scalable or
productive than against SOAP also flies in the face of common sense.