   RE: [xml-dev] What does SOAP really add?

You realize your post says nothing, right?

When asked "what are the technical advantages of using SOAP", responding with "it doesn't handle some tough problems, so what?" does not prove any point.

Anyway, after having a chat with Mike Deem[0] and obtaining links from Henrik Nielson it seems that my original conclusions seem to be valid after all with the additions of (i) SOAP/WSDL .etc will come with the added bonus of being XML-based with all the advantages that brings and (ii) when reinventing these particular wheels we shall have the benefit of hindsight of what worked and what didn't from other distributed computing technologies.

This is going to be interesting...

[0]http://radio.weblogs.com/0105395/

--
PITHY WORDS OF WISDOM
Your successes will happen in private and your failures in full view of everyone.

You assume all risk for your use. © 2002 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.