   Re: [xml-dev] What does SOAP really add?

Julian Reschke scripsit:

> HTTP GET is supposed to be a side-effect free operation. HTTP POST isn't.

Just so.

> I think the TAG would argue that if you have a POST operation which is
> side-effect free, you should have made it a GET in the first place.

I think that overstates the case.   URLs can in practice only be so
long, and a side-effect-free operation might require a large number of
parameters.  So POSTs can be side-effect-free, but GETs should never
have side effects.

--
John Cowan <jcowan@reutershealth.com>     http://www.reutershealth.com