   RE: [xml-dev] W3C Successes (RE: [xml-dev] W3C Culture and Aims )

However, if another model had been applied in the XSL WG at the time, would we have ended up with XPath, DOM and Infoset? With a more holistic / less personality driven approach might we not have had fewer loose ends which need(ed) to be tidied?

Frankly, I think we would have had more loose ends to be tidied - unless of course, there had been a chief designer for the whole family of specs.

I don't agree with the implications of your phrase "personality driven". I think that good engineering almost always results from the vision of a good engineer.

Michael Kay