   Re: [xml-dev] lots of WS reading material

W. E. Perry scripsit:

> Because we cannot serve two masters,

Ah, but I spend my life explaining God to mammon and mammon to God.
Likewise with liberals and conservatives, salesfolks and geeks, parents
and children, chickens and eggs, and even Taoists and non-Taoists.

> and only one of these premises can be the single true foundation.

When building a house, a single foundation is a Good Thing.  The world
is round, though, and the universe is a hypersurface whose circumference
is everywhere and its center nowhere.

> We cannot
> grant primacy to both light and darkness because one must have the
> superior position to correct the other.

If two walk together, and one should fall, the other may lift him up.
Or consider Escher's "Drawing Hands":
http://www.peter-renner.com/papers/thesis/Escher_hands.jpg
Or even more simply: U+262F.

"Two are one, life and death, lying/Like lovers together in _kemmer_/
Like hands joined together/the end and the Way."

--
John Cowan <jcowan@reutershealth.com>     http://www.reutershealth.com