   Re: [xml-dev] lots of WS reading material

John Cowan wrote:

> The de jure way to exchange infosets is as XML documents.  It's possible to
> construct an infoset that doesn't correspond to any XML document, though.
> OTOH, there are many XML documents that correspond to a single infoset.
> Waves or particles, use whichever fits the current problem.

John & I agree on everything except for the XML1.1 character repertoire,
  and his even-handed view of syntax and infoset is admirable.  I feel I
have to keep banging the syntax drum because if someone doesn't, there
are a lot of people who seem to want to take the transparent-bits-on-the
-wire away from me and hide them all behind a great big opaque API,
because that's how Real Programmers Work.  Feh.  I'm probably
excessively paranoid on this issue. -Tim