   RE: [xml-dev] What is "the Web"

I can list a few:

- My neighbor's dog
- Any target that expects an inline file upload
- A fill-in-the-blank form which expects many items of
  information exceeding 2K of data (the typical limit of your URL string)
- A task involving multiple steps (i.e. ordering from a commerce site)

Donald Knuth said that "all computer problems can be solved with another
layer of redirection."

So of course, you can get to all the above with a single GET by having one
level of redirection (aka proxy) but then again, somebody has to step in
to do the redirection. You've just swept the complexity from the something
to the proxy...  and there's the rub...

Ramin