   RE: [xml-dev] SOAP and the Web

> Two factors contribute to the fact that, in the actual conditions, we
> won't have the same growth factor for web services as we saw for the
web:

I think it's important to reiterate that these are very different types
of "products".  The web was consumer, communications-oriented.  Web
Services are more business-oriented.  Expecting web services to show the
same adoption profile as the WWW would be like expecting PDAs to show
the same adoption profile as cellular phones.

In my opinion, semantic web is a more apt comparison with WWW.  It is
like the two-way messaging to cell phones.