   RE: [xml-dev] Web Service Business Questions

Francis Norton:
> If the tools are going to be built anyway, why not have them on my
> laptop?

Because this type of content consolidation is the poster child of hosted
apps. While it's true that the same technology could be applied locally,
this doesn't answer the key questions that initiated this thread: how do I
bill for these applications and how do I guarantee reliability,
trustworthiness, etc.

Use of a hosted app gives you all the functionality you need and provides
elegant answers to these questions.

Matt