   RE: [xml-dev] Re: I can XInclude where I bloody want to

> > I just keep thinking back to MSXML and whitespace, though.
> There's an example
> > of a processor bucking the trend, and on the whole, no one
> is really suffering
> > because of it. ...
>
> I disagree. This is a near fatal blow to using IE as an XML document
> browser.

It's not totally fatal, because by writing enough scripting code in an HTML
page you can force it to do the correct thing and preserve the spaces.

I always thought the <?xml-stylesheet?> processing instruction was a bad
idea anyway, data should not define its own presentation rules even
indirectly.

Michael Kay
Software AG
home: Michael.H.Kay@ntlworld.com