   RE: [xml-dev] SOAP and the Web

  • To: xml-dev@lists.xml.org
  • Subject: RE: [xml-dev] SOAP and the Web
  • From: "Simon St.Laurent" <simonstl@simonstl.com>
  • Date: 02 May 2002 15:22:05 -0400

On Thu, 2002-05-02 at 14:11, orchard wrote:
> The reason that I haven't responded on SOAP's technical mertis is because I
> don't think there is a will to listen, and hence I doubt the discussion
> would be fruitful.  There appears to be a strong mob mentality on this
> issue.  I try to minimize the number of times I repeatedly hit my head on a
> pointy stick ;-)

Let's see,.  There's a mob of companies pushing Web Services specs
("everyone's doing SOAP, and customers demand SOAP") with bulldozers.
And then there's a mob of mad XML and Web technologists with pointy
sticks?

Thanks for the best laugh I've had all day.  Here I thought the SOAP
people were hunting ME down! (see http://advogato.org/article/468.html,
though others have taken a lot more heckling from the WS mob.)

On the bright side, Paul and Mark have done a great job illuminating
what SOAP has to offer technically.

--
Simon St.Laurent
Errors, errors, all fall down!