   Re: [xml-dev] SOAP and the Web

Jeff Greif scripsit:

> I *think* that
>
> http://www.w3.org/TR/2000/REC-xhtml1-20000126
> http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1
>
> are addresses for the same resource (but there is no way for me to tell --
> it's not permitted for me to know).

By no means.  One resource is the 2000-01-26 version of xhtml1, whereas
the other is the current version of it.  Each URI references a distinct
resource (though one may use RDF or DAML+OIL to declare that two
resources are "the same" in some sense).

> I can tell, however, that they produce
> the same representation when I GET them.  So not everything is 1-1.

Indeed.  Furthermore, if you GET your second URL sometime hence,
you may well get a different entity body (representation).  In
principle, at least, the relationship between resources (named
by URIs) and representations is many-many.

--
John Cowan <jcowan@reutershealth.com>     http://www.reutershealth.com