   RE: [xml-dev] XQuery types was Re: [xml-dev] Yet another plea for XUpdat

Jonathan Borden wrote:
> don't mean to be condescending, but it is hard to have a meaningful
> converstation unless we agree on a few principles.

I don't have a computer science education (working on that now), but what
Dare said about XQuery makes complete sense to me. I hardly think this
requires a discussion of logic and where we got the word "type". You should
consider that terms in computer science do not always correspond directly to
terms in abstract logic. I get the feeling you're not really listening to
what Dare's saying; instead you're trying to cast his use of various terms
into the mold you learned in Logic 101. That seems like a surefire way to
delay meaningful discussion.

Evan