   Cocoon and "accept" request WAS "RE: [xml-dev] Call for example of serve

> Didier replies:
> Thanks for the pointer John. After having read the doc I noticed that it
(apache)
> handles static documents (and quite well I should say), but doesn't handle
> dynamically transformed XML documents on the basis of the
> "accept" header. I
> expected to find that in cocoon but couldn't find that feature in this
> server extension. It seems that cocoon handles only the
> "user-agent" pattern
> match but not the "accept" request.

Hi Didier.

From my reading of the doco, the component in Cocoon 2 to do what
you say is a selector. Out of the box, the distribution provides a dedicated
selector for the user-agent and host HTTP headers but also has a generic
"HeaderSelector" that can be used to check any request header as part of a
selector.

http://xml.apache.org/cocoon/userdocs/selectors/selectors.html

Alternatively, if designing a logicsheet, you can access all the request
information via the built-in "request" environmental logicsheet.

<aside>
I have found the ibm developerworks tutorials on Cocoon excellent and a
great
introduction if, like me, you are starting from zero. Thanks Leigh!
</aside>

If there are any Cocoon 2 gurus out there, feel free to correct my
understanding.
Its only a "paper" based one at the moment.

Regards
Michael