   RE: [xml-dev] Crystallization?

Uche,

I agree with a lot of what you are saying. Certainly I agree wholeheartedly
with your points 1) and 2). At the same time, I am afraid that we are
confusing the fact that a whole array of specs from the W3C are unsatisfying
with the realities of what is needed for XML moving forward. I don't think
it is coincidence that the features that you postulate for "successful XML"
happen to be more or less the sum total of all the decent XML-related specs
to come out of the W3C. What, no linking? Is that because we don't need
linking, or because the linking spec is broken?

Of course, it's easy to say that "that's what developers are actually
using", but isn't that a self-fulfilling prophesy? If the spec is no good,
there's a good chance that people are not going to use it (at least not
successfully).

Matt