   RE: [xml-dev] XQuery types was Re: [xml-dev] Yet another plea for XU

Jonathan,

I don't for a moment dispute the usefulness of types, just /static/
typing. Static typing as aid to programmer effectiveness is something of
a myth, tho' it's very handy if you're a compiler or a runtime. Systems
do get build with dynamically typed languages and seem to work fine;
notably these languages are notoriously productive. If I'm wrong about
this, that static typing vastly improves the lot of programmers, I'm
happy to be corrected.

Bill de hÓra