   Ann: XML Schema languageS tutorial

  • To: xml-dev@lists.xml.org
  • Subject: Ann: XML Schema languageS tutorial
  • From: Eric van der Vlist <vdv@dyomedea.com>
  • Date: Wed, 08 May 2002 17:14:20 +0200

Hi,

Those of you who have some cycles left between reading messages on
xml-dev and are curious to see XML schema language*s* exposed with a
progression from XSLT (used as the simplest possible rule based XML
schema language) to W3C XML Schema through Schematron and RELAX NG may
want to have a look at the tutorial [1] which I will be presenting at
XML Europe.

Since this is probably the first tutorial built on the classification
proposed by DSDL, a copy of the material is available for download [2]
on the DSDL web site [3].

Writing it has been much more work but also much more fun than I would
have expected and I think that it can really make sense to use this
progression for learning (and why not developing and implementing) XML
schema languages.

Enjoy!

Eric

[1] http://www.xmleurope.com/2002/tutorialsam.asp#schema