   Re: schemas and transforms, was: Path 1.5? (was typing and markup)

> That is to say, just because XQuery might enable something,
> it doesn't imply that such enabling would be without cost --
> which is ultimately what this debate is weighing.

True enough, which is why, given that one of the main advantages that we
are told the strong typing in Xpath2 brings is this verification of
result types of transforms, I'd like to see at least one real example of
this. I don't mind paying a cost if there is a benefit, but currently I
think it has yet to be proved that any non trvial transform can be given
a non trivial type.

David