   A modest conception of the Semantic Web

If there were a Fabian Society for the Semantic Web, I'd be a member.  I like the concepts and the core technology, but I'm not sure exactly how feasible it is in practice, so I think the pursuit of modest goals is a wiser course than red-eyed revolution.

This mildness is reflected in my introduction to the Semantic Web in the June issue of New Architect (formerly Web Techniques).

The Languages of the Semantic Web

Track chair, XML/Web Services One (San Jose, Boston): http://www.xmlconference.com/
DAML Reference - http://www.xml.com/pub/a/2002/05/01/damlref.html
RDF Query using Versa - http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/xml/library/x-think10/index.html