   XSLT 2.0 and XSL(-FO) 2.0

One aspect of the XSLT 2.0 /XPath 2.0 scenario which I don't recall yet being
discussed is the potential impact on the development of XSL(-FO) 2.0.

According to the XSL WG Charter
http://www.w3.org/Style/2000/xsl-charter.html
an XSL 2.0 Requirements WD was supposed to precede the first WD of XPath 2.0
and XSLT 2.0. As far as I can trace that didn't happen.

Since XSLT 2.0 will inevitably impact XSL-FO 2.0 then concerns similar to
those we have been discussing arise there.

At the present time there are about 500 on the XSL-FO mailing list on
YahooGroups.com:
http://www.yahoogroups.com/group/XSL-FO

I don't recall how many are on the W3C XSL-FO mailing list.

I guess that most of those come from a document / layout background. I am
trying to imagine (with increasing horror) what these guys and guyesses are
going to make of XSLT 2.0 as it is currently drafted. And what it will be
like to attempt to communicate a bunch of extraneous stuff to them.

Andrew Watt