   Re: [xml-dev] How to spell "No PSVI" in XSLT 2.0 ?

In a message dated 13/05/02 15:46:47 GMT Daylight Time, uche.ogbuji@fourthought.com writes:

How about making an attribute on the stylesheet act as the switch?

<xsl:transform ... xsl:version="2.0" xsl:psvi-aware="no"

I strongly suggest the default should be no, and I think discussion on this list bolsters this.

Uche,

I agree.

But we all need to take account of the AABSAB Infoset too.

AABSAB = "Add a Bit Subtract a Bit".

The 30th April Data Model WD states that XQuery and XPath 2.0 are "based on" XML Infoset but, as currently drafted, what is being described is not the "infoset" described in the Infoset REC.

For example, the document type declaration information item is to be omitted As are a number of properties on various information items (as I read the WD).

In addition it is proposed to permit document fragments. Yet the Infoset REC, as I read it, indicates that no infoset is defined for such.

So, it seems to me that it isn't only the PSVI but the AABSAB infoset that needs to be taken into account.

Andrew Watt