   RE: [xml-dev] Web Services Mapping Capabilities?

No it means that if they want to agree on a transaction system, they will have to
agree on a vocabulary or means to assert and test agreements.    XML works
for us because it limits the initial agreement to a syntax for the processor
and leaves the rest to other agreements (eg, DOM, InfoSet, etc.).  But the
semantic meaning, the nuances, these are beyond XML.    SOAP and
RPC styles of coding assume that the agreements won't be universal,
that they will be local, and that this will work fine for the local scope.
Data Junction is a tool we use when we have particular systems for
which we want to convert data.  Note this is typically a one to one
mapping, not a one to many.

Trying to solve all problems with one solution is seldom efficient.
There is an old story of a Raj who on enlightenment sought to
make his kingdom a perfect land.   His Teacher revealed a dream
to him in which he saw armies of ants approaching such that
as he eliminated one, a thousand more would appear.  Similar
to the Hydra of Greek myths, one would have to find the source,
and if the source is multiple, discover that the best solution
may be to step away or find multiple solutions.  The idea of
an engine like Data Junction is to be able to field efficient
multiple solutions.

len

From: Kakade Mangesh [mailto:Mangesh.Kakade@sisl.co.in]
Thank u Len for your valuable input
Does this mean everybody has to agree on one std vocabulary other than SOAP and XML std.?
But that is highly impossible
Mangesh