   Re: [xml-dev] How to spell "No PSVI" in XSLT 2.0 ?

At 8:12 PM -0600 5/13/02, Uche Ogbuji wrote:

>I'm not sure that's right.  It goes back to the whole discussion of
>what happens in parsing the source document.  There is no reason a
>conforming XSLT implementation cannot use a non-validating parser
>which would mean it does not apply the external subset of the DTD.

It certainly doesn't have to validate but a conforming XSLT processor
*must* read the external DTD subset. The reason is that the XPath
data model does not allow unresolved entity references. If any of
these are defined in the external subset, then you can't build a data
model for the document without reading the external subset.

|             http://www.cafeconleche.org/books/bible2/              |