   Re: [xml-dev] Patent non-proliferation and disarmament

On Tue, 2002-05-14 at 09:25, John Cowan wrote:
> In addition, it is not ad hominem to attack an argument as
> paranoia; it would be ad hominem to attack you as a paranoid.

Paranoia on xml-dev?  No, never.  I agree that attacking arguments as
paranoia is not ad hominem, but it's also a pretty stupid thing to do
unless all the disputed facts are in plain view.

Some days I do wish there was less to be paranoid about.

Accountability seems to be the best antidote to developing paranoia, but
neither the patent office nor many of the other players in this business
appear to have much sense of accountability that extends beyond their
shareholders.  (The patent office happens to be a profit-making concern
of the US Federal Government.)

--
Simon St.Laurent
Errors, errors, all fall down!