   Re: [xml-dev] Objections to / uses of PSVI?

>Part of the problem may be that nobody knows what the PSVI is; there is
>no specification of it anywhere except in XML Schemas part 1, where it is
>hard to separate from the surrounding spec.

(This should not be taken as definitive.)

Two standard information items are extended: element and attribute.
The following properties are added to both:

 [declaration]
 If the item was sucessfully validated by an element or attribute
 declaration, this is the declaration.

 [type definition]
 If the item was sucessfully validated by type, this is the
 type definition.

 [member type definition]
 If the type is a union, this is the member of the union that was used.

 [schema error code]
 A list of errors, if the item is invalid.

 [schema normalized value]
 For a simply-typed item (eg an attribute), the value after the
 whitespace normalization appropriate to the type.

 [schema specified]
 Either "infoset" or "schema", depending on whether the value was
 defaulted by the schema.

 [validation attempted]
 "full", "partial", or "none".  "full" means the item and its descendants
 were all validated, "none" means none of them were, "partial" means
 something in-between.

 [validation context]
 The ancestor element at which validation started (the validation root).

 [validity]
 "valid", "invalid", or "notKnown".

In addition, elements have these properties:

 [nil]
 True or false according to whether the element was nilled with xsi:nil.

 [notation]
 The attribute's (schema) notation declaration, if it has one.

 [identity constraint table]
 A table which I will not describe summarizing the identity constraints
 associated with the element.

 [ID/IDREF table]
 A table on the validation root summarizing the ID/IDREF links.

 [schema information]
 An item on the validation root containing all the declarations in
 the schema.

-- Richard