   XER resources

Does anyone know if there are tools - by far, preferably open source
tools - for working with the XER encoding for ASN.1?

Ideally, I'd love to be able to feed XER into a processor and have SAX
events come out of it, with some mechanism for doing the reverse.

So far I've just found SAX filters that do odd things to object
identifiers, which isn't particularly interesting.

I'd also be happy to find documentation which just shows XML documents
and their XER encoding with a description of the process.  The prepub of
the spec is not especially helpful.

--
Simon St.Laurent
Errors, errors, all fall down!