   RE: [xml-dev] Two quick questions regarding restriction in XML Schema

I hope to finish the report soon, of course (couple of days at most), I
will try to announce it on the list, and to you people who have helped me
immensely.

I have one question regarding extension:
can we define the following types
type Book -> (Title, Author+)
type Book1 extends Book -> (Title, Author+, Title)

Note: If the above type definitions are valid, then I am afraid, there is
a problem with the framework of subsumption. I think subsumption will be
able to capture only restricted subset of extensions allowed in W3C's
XML-Schema. I am quite confident of my conclusions. (The above extension
cannot be captured using subsumption)

thanks and regards - murali.