len

From: Simon St.Laurent [mailto:simonstl@simonstl.com]

On Wed, 2002-05-22 at 09:02, Bullard, Claude L (Len) wrote:
> Until you understand that this IS about business,
> XML IS just another whiz-bang technology and not
> worth spending time or money on.

I would really appreciate it if you could at least acknowledge that
business decision-making is not the ONLY criteria for spending time
and/or money on technology.  You don't have to come around to my
perspective that business decision-making is in fact a very bad
influence on the technology development process, but I've had far more
than enough business-supremacy for one lifetime.

Short-term business vision seems to be a pretty good explanation for an
enormous amount of foul nastiness currently roaming the XML world.  I'd
rather talk angle brackets than dollar signs, and suspect that both the
angle brackets and the dollar signs might get something out of the
conversation.