   RE: RE: [xml-dev] Painful USA Today article (was RE: [xml-dev] AN N: RES

No.  I like the specs with simple features per spec that
I can apply to different problems efficiently.  I specifically
don't like garbanzo bean salad specs.

The problem is to get a spec a customer can cite that does not
pull all the other features in by normative reference. I like
them even leaner than you.

This:

  XML [check/uncheck]

or this

  ANI/ALI packet support.  XML format IAW NENA Specification. [check/uncheck]

The second option is money for value.  The first option is
wasted money.  Real solutions for systems required to
interoperate; not open systems rant.

len