Lists Home |
Date Index |
- To: <email@example.com>
- Subject: The XML Infoset, Character Data and Attribute Types
- From: "Dare Obasanjo" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Wed, 22 May 2002 19:32:41 -0700
- Thread-index: AcICAhxJIko/go88T9Sv7jYe6Nk4Rw==
- Thread-topic: The XML Infoset, Character Data and Attribute Types
Two quick questions
about the XML information set
1.) Are syntactic
components like the individual characters in CDATA section delimiters
'<![CDATA[' & ']]>' or the individual characters in an entity
reference '<' treated as significant by the Character Information
Item section of the W3C XML information set recommendation or
not? I have long taken my cue from XPath that neither is significant
within the data model of an XML document but just wanted to make sure I was not
2.) Is there any
dependency or interaction between the [attribute type] property of the
attribute information item and the
related properties the attribute information item has in the PSVI?
PITHY WORDS OF WISDOM
In a fight between you
and the world-bet on the world.
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no
warranties, and confers no rights.
You assume all risk for your use. © 2002
Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.