   Re: [xml-dev] Painful USA Today article (was RE: [xml-dev] ANN: RESTTuto

"Joshua Allen" <joshuaa@microsoft.com> wrote:

| "Deliver software with all the idiot features turned off rather than on"
| has become something of a religion at Microsoft in the past year.

I wonder how long we'll have to wait for

1.  Iain Logan's boilerplate to become obsolete:

http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=qslrrt4ap1f7s3faeo916frkscvc655tdd@4ax.com

(also see http://expita.com/nomime.html )

2.  Internet Mail Service to be configured not to disgorge "Out of Office"
autoreplies to mailing list messages.

3.  People not be sucked into TOFU-style by the remarkable fact that sigs
are placed above(!) an attribution line and quoted text.  (Of course, this
is very resonant of the cover-my-ass conventions of corporate memoing -
always say your stuff first in a context-challenged monologue, taking care
not to snip and interleave lest a misreading become obvious; then announce
your place in the pecking order; and finally, attach what appears to be
the electronic equivalent of "proof of receipt" - so this isn't likely to
change soon.)

Sigh.

--
Microsoft is not the answer. Microsoft is the question.
NO is the answer.  - Erik Naggum