   The report on subtyping..

Please find the report on subtyping which was discussed in this list at:

http://www.cs.ucla.edu/~mani/xmlresearch/datamodels/subtyping.doc
(or)
http://www.cs.ucla.edu/~mani/xmlresearch/datamodels/subtyping.pdf

There are several issues which still remain unsolved. A big question which
seemed to come up as we prepared this report was the importance of type
assignment in the first place. The importance of type assignment, as well
as any advantages of unambiguous type assignment seem blurred now.

I think there are two approaches, and both approaches seem to be useful.
So i believe both the approaches should be researched on.

Any feedback will be greatly appreciated.

thanks and regards - murali.