   RE: [xml-dev] Question regarding PSVI..

  • To: "Murali Mani" <mani@CS.UCLA.EDU>,<xml-dev@lists.xml.org>
  • Subject: RE: [xml-dev] Question regarding PSVI..
  • From: "Dare Obasanjo" <dareo@microsoft.com>
  • Date: Tue, 28 May 2002 16:52:39 -0700

Appendix C2 of the W3C XML Schema recommendation describes the
contributions to the Post-Schema-Validation Infoset (PSVI). Which are
basicaly additions to an XML document's infoset made after it has been
validated.

http://www.w3.org/TR/xmlschema-1/#outcomes

IBM's proposal describes requirements for an API for manipulating W3C
XML Schema components which is not related.

PS: To properly describe the PSVI for your document, I'd need an
actually schema with targetNamespaces, defaults, schema locations and
the whole hog.

--
PITHY WORDS OF WISDOM
If two wrongs don't make a right, try three.

rights.

PI-Req.htm

This seems to provide an interface for querying and modifying XML
Schema.

Post Schema Validation Infoset - I did not really find information
regarding this. I am looking for a short tutorial for this, such as
where they expect this will be used, and also how PSVI works.

For example, let us consider a simple schema to see how PSVI works.

Book -> book (Title)
Title -> title (String)

and the document

what is the PSVI for the above document?

thanks and regards - murali.