   xml messaging architecture and SOAP

Hello Everybody,
I am particularly new working in xml. I would like to know the difference between xml messaging architecture and SOAP technology.
Which one suits which kind of solution, advantages and disadvantages, requirements, etc. The aim of using xml in our organisation is related to EAI, webservices in particular,  and also for enhancing the current sun's pet store like architecture, having refelections technology which we use for soultion development. So information about any xml related utilities for the latter purpose also welcome.
Any help would be highly appreciated.
Thanx in advance.

Satish K.
Verchaska Infotech.