   RE: [xml-dev] Question regarding PSVI..

A.) I'm don't think this was one of the design goals of W3C XML Schema.

B.) I am not sure the W3C XML Schema Working Group specifically
considered editting/modification scenarios when designing W3C XML
Schema. But even if they had, the fact of the matter is that almost any
XML type system (even those based on tree expressions) will have
problems with having to alter the type of an element if some of its
content is modified.

--
PITHY WORDS OF WISDOM
To err is human, but to really foul things up requires a computer.

rights.