Lists Home |
Date Index |
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: RE: [xml-dev] The sky is falling! XML's dirty secret! Go back! It's a trap!
- From: Sean McGrath <email@example.com>
- Date: Fri, 31 May 2002 16:08:22 +0100
- In-reply-to: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
[Bill de h'Ora]
>XML isn't self describing. It if were, the RDF, DAML and semantic
>web initiatives could pack up and go home.
Agreed. With apologies to Claude Debussy, markup is the stuff
between the tags.
If anything, XML markup has a habit of becoming a form
of unintentional steganography. The interesting stuff
has a way of ending up in #PCDATA. Invisible unless you
know where to look.