From: Juan Estevan Madrigal [mailto:juan_estevan_madrigal@hotmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, May 30, 2002 4:26 PM
To: Long, Craig Z; xml-dev@lists.xml.org
Subject: Re: [xml-dev] XML IDE: What are the top 3 and why?

Hi. I recently performed an XML development tool analysis for my
company. I
reviewed almost 20 products. The winner was Excelon Stylus studio. Its
performance is far better than XML spy. then XML-to-XML mapper is almost
as
good as Biztalk's mapper.  The XSLT debugger is excellent. One of the
features we liked most about it is the XPath Intellisense, which guides
you
through the XML tree when constructing an XPATH query.   XML spy came
second
and Turbo XML third, but I couldn't stand the JAVA UI. [it flickers all
the
time]

For pure XSLT development. you must try ActiveState's Visual XSLT. It
incorporates nicely into Visual Studio .NET. It really makes XSLT look
like
any other programming language, which is hasn't thus far for lack of
proper
development tools.