   Re: [xml-dev] Visualizing data - www.kartoo.com

5/31/2002 6:01:27 PM, Uche Ogbuji <uche.ogbuji@fourthought.com> wrote:

>> A colleague pointed me to a very cool web search engine which displays
>> the retrieved data in a visual form.  Well worth a look (use IE).
>
>Actually, seems to work perfectly well on my Mozilla browser under Linux, so no need to scare off those of us who are
non MS thralls  :-)

Likewise Opera.  Sigh, this may be one reason that Flash is so popular, it runs the same in all the browsers!

[OT plug -- the reason I paid the $39 to buy Opera is very simple:  I can run with popups, plugins, animated gifs, and
all the other rot that generally makes my head hurt turned off, and then change preferences (e.g., to look at
kartoo.com) simply by hitting F12 and selecting a setting to toggle."  Mozilla makes it possible but painful to disable
popups, and AFAIK it's impossible in IE without disabling JScript completely, and I've never figured out how to disable
Flash in IE.  Sigh, I suppose Opera will be sued for allowing people to violate their implicit contract with the
advertising industry ....]