   RE: [xml-dev] Are there any limits?

On Mon, 1 Jul 2002, Bullard, Claude L (Len) wrote:
> From: Jonathan Borden [mailto:jborden@attbi.com]
>
> > http://www.darpa.mil/ipto/Solicitations/PIP_02-21.html
> >
> > Can an artificial system be "self-aware"?

_Prove_ that natural systems are "self-aware" (as opposed to just a
convincing simulation there-of) and we'll discuss.

;)

> Formally define "self-aware" and the answer will be either "yes" or "no"
> :-))

'Formally define.'

Hold on. I'd like to introduce you to someone.

Mr. Godel...Mr. Bullard.     O.o

--
Benjamin Franz

The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is
to venture a little way past them into the impossible.

                              ---Arthur C. Clarke