   IE display unparsed entities (e.g., GIF images)?

Hi Folks,

Suppose that an XML document refer to an unparsed entity such as a GIF
image.  For example, here is a DTD which declares an unparsed entity (a
GIF image of myself):

<!NOTATION GIF SYSTEM "image/gif">
<!ENTITY me SYSTEM "roger.gif" NDATA GIF>

<!ELEMENT Roger (Photo)>
<!ELEMENT Photo EMPTY>
<!ATTLIST Photo
            source ENTITY #REQUIRED>

And here is an XML document that uses that entity:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<!DOCTYPE Roger SYSTEM "RogerPhoto.dtd">
<Roger>
        <Photo source="me"/>
</Roger>

In Elliotte Rusty Harold's book, The XML Bible, he states:

"It is now up to an application reading the XML document to recognize
the unparsed entity and display it."

I take that to mean that I should be able to drop the above XML instance
document into Internet Explorer and the browser will read in the GIF
image and display it (surrounded by <Roger> tags, I presume).

Is IE an application capable of displaying unparsed entities?  When I
did this test (dropped the XML instance into IE) I just saw the XML, no
image.  /Roger