   Re: [xml-dev] ANN: Building Web Services the REST Way

Don Park wrote:

> Jeff,
>
> It is not a key exchange issue.  With SOAP, you can easily separate
> routing information and data so that you can encrypt head and body
> elements independently, REST does not.  Cool thing about SOAP approach
> is that you can sign with multiple keys so that no only routers don't
> know about the content, routers themselves don't know where it will
> eventually end up.

Rich did not say anything about needing routing. It is of course trivial
to recursively encrypt HTTP messages also. I will repeat the point that
there is an interoperability cost in doing so, but it is neverthless
technically trivial.

--
Come discuss XML and REST web services at:
  Open Source Conference: July 22-26, 2002, conferences.oreillynet.com