   Re: [xml-dev] "In hot summer have I great rejoicing/When the tempests ki

On Thursday 04 July 2002 14:05, you wrote:

> I largely agree with this, but only because it is in the past tense. The
> term 'de facto' springs to mind - if loads more people had spent loads more
> time in developing tools for processing csv files, then csv would be the
> format of choice for interop.

CSV *is* the format of choice for interop! Our clients are quite happy
providing us with CSV files full of user data, but they've never even *heard*
of doing that with XML.

It's been like that for years, and doesn't seem to be changing. There isn't
even any effort to define a common vocabulary for this stuff. We tried making
our own a while back, but everybody stared at it blankly and said "Right...
we'll get our technical boys to look at that when they've got a moment.
Here's a CSV."

So we ditched XML support in the software and haven't looked back!

ABS