   RE: [xml-dev] Please help me to understand a basic concept.

  • To: "Alessandro Barabesi" <alex@barabesi.net>
  • Subject: RE: [xml-dev] Please help me to understand a basic concept.
  • From: "Manos Batsis" <m.batsis@bsnet.gr>
  • Date: Fri, 5 Jul 2002 12:22:16 +0300
  • Cc: <xml-dev@lists.xml.org>

Alessandro,

You'll have more chances to get a response when using plain-text email
;-)

Remember in HTML, you link to a stylesheet (CSS) using a

<link rel="stylesheet" href="stylesheet/path.css" type="text/css"/>

Quite similarly, in XML documents you do the same using a Processing
Instruction instead of a link element:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<?xml-stylesheet type="text/xsl" href="test.xslt"?>
<documentElement>
  <!-- rest of document -->
</documentElement>

You specify whether the stylesheet is text/css or text/xsl in the type
attribute.

Hth,

Manos