   Re: [xml-dev] performance comparison

[Mike Champion]
> >  5. Is it possible for SAX to support XSLT?

There are also occasional
> discussions of "streaming XSLT" processors (I don't know if
> any actually exist in a stable, available form) but they would
> have to operate on a subset of XSLT.  I should probably shut up
> and let someone who knows what they're talking about explain the
> situation :~)

There was xmlgrep, an xpath engine that was said to be progressive:

http://sources.redhat.com/ml/xsl-list/2000-07/msg01010.html

This grew into napa, a progressive xslt engine.  Kevin Jones stopped
developing it (see http://homepage.ntlworld.com/kjjones/), but maybe you can
find one of them around somewhere if you want to try it out.  It was put
into the xml/xslt development environment developed by xmlorigin.

Cheers,

Tom P