Lists Home |
Date Index |
> > I do not know how most parsers handle it, though. I remember hacking
> > or 4xpath (I think it was) once because it insisted on having the
> > supplied and generally it is not supplied that in practice.
> Either this was full eons ago, or you managed to trigger a bug far in the
corner somewhere. At any rate, neither a search on the mailing lists or
SourceForge turns up a bug report from you on this.
> Do you have any more detail?
It was a while ago. I can't find what I was remembering - it may have gone
away when my computer died, and not made it over to the new one. Here is
one fix I made (4Suite 0.11, I think), in xslt\StylesheetReader.py - nothing
to do with the subject of this thread, though:
#if prefix == '#default': prefix = ''
# if prefix == '#default': prefix = None
This was after we changed from '' to None for a null prefix, and I had some
document fail because of it.
I also found a change I made to xml\dom\Document.py in this area (version
0.7) (of coures, this is not 4Suite):
In ### DOM Level 2 Methods ###
def createAttributeNS(self, namespaceURI, qualifiedName):
# if prefix == 'xml' and namespaceURI != XML_NAMESPACE:
if prefix == 'xml' and not namespaceURI in (None, XML_NAMESPACE):
if prefix=='xml' and not namespaceURI: ##Added by tbp 2-23-02
if localName == 'xmlns':
# if namespaceURI != XMLNS_NAMESPACE:
if not namespaceURI in (None,XMLNS_NAMESPACE):
Again, this was triggered by a failure to process a document that other
processors handled. As you can see, I coerced the xml namespace to be the
predefined value if it had not been supplied (the same for the namespace
I don't remember if I sent this in or not.